Preservation Texas will be hosting TEXAS PRESERVATION DAY on March 19, 2015 in Austin, Texas. In addition to networking and advocacy opportunities, Preservation Texas will announce their 2015 Most Endangered historic places. Registration is $15 for current members. If you are not a member and would like to attend, you may register for $50 which includes your 2015 membership. All registration includes coffee, breakfast pastries, and lunch.
According to Preservation Texas, their schedule for the day is as follows:
- 8:30 – 9:00 — Meet for breakfast and pastries at the REJ Conference Center, located directly behind the Robert E Johnson Building at 1501 North Congress Avenue. Parking is available at the Capitol Visitor Center Garage at 13th and San Jacinto. Parking is free for the first two hours and $1 per half hour thereafter (maximum $8).
- 9:00 to 10:15 — Discussion about Most Endangered Places including success stories from recent years, as well as highlights of our 2015 list.
- 10:30 to 11:15 — Gather on the Capitol steps for the 2015 Most Endangered Places announcement.
- 11:30 to 1:30 — Return to the REJ Conference Center for discussions about our 2015 advocacy agenda, statewide preservation issues, and tips for meetings with legislators. Lunch will be provided.
- 1:30 to 3:30 — Meetings with state legislators. Preservation Texas will help you set up appointments with your representatives and senators.
- 4:00 to 6:00 — Preservation Happy Hour at historic Scholz Garten (founded in 1866) located at 1607 San Jacinto. Cash bar; light appetizers provided.